Help from Home
Volunteer from home
Don't currently have capacity to attend one of our volunteer sessions but would still like to help? Why not consider options for volunteering from home?
Below are some ideas to help get you started.
Please contact us for further information or if you have any queries: email@example.com
Shop via YourChange
We've partnered with YourChange to make it easy for our supporters to fundraise for us while shopping with over 160 Australian and international retailers. It’s free to use, and there are no extra costs involved, so it's a win for you and for us! YourChange affiliated retailers include BondsColes, Woolworths, ASOS and many more. Click here to sign up.
Sew reusable cloth bags
We need 80 cloth bags each month!
Please use the tutorials below to sew tote or drawstring bags and help us reduce single-use plastic packaging.
We currently use plastic bags to make clothes packs which go inside our New Baby Boxes. Once the clothes packs are opened, the plastic bags cannot be reused.
We're asking our supporters to sew cloth bags which will give parents a beautiful handmade bag they can continue to use as their child grows, and it will also help reduce waste and protect our environment.
- Woven cotton or calico fabric is recommended.
- You are welcome to modify or use your own pattern, as long as the size of the bag is the same or slightly bigger than those in the tutorials. Final bags must be at least 40cm x 35cm as smaller bags will not fit our clothes packs.
- Bags must have a drawstring or handles so we can close them to stop items falling out.
- The suggested width of the fabric to make the tote bag handles in the tutorial below is very narrow. Increasing the width will make it easier to sew and a longer handle is preferred, so we can tie them together.
- For the drawstring bag, instead of cord or ribbon you can use the same fabric and sew a "ribbon".
- If you have any other tips or tutorials for sewing similar bags, please let us know!
- When you're ready to donate, please visit the Where to Donate page of our website for a list of collection points where you can drop off your completed bags.